Applying for the Energy Efficient Venues programme?
The closing date for applications to our Energy Efficient Venues programme is 12 noon on Friday 1 June 2012.
Grants are available under this programme to make community venues across Northern Ireland more environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient and therefore help community organisations save on their heating and lighting costs.
There has been a great deal of interest in this programme and we anticipate that we will receive many more applications than can be funded. The competition for funding will be high and not all applications will be successful.
This makes it even more important for applicants to make sure their project meets the programme requirements and to check they have included all the necessary information.
Here are some points to consider:
- Firstly, read the guidance notes and application form carefully. These are available on the Energy Efficient Venues programme page on our website.
- We have contracted Community Places and partners to provide guidance to potential applicants in the following areas: Energy efficiency measures; Planning permission and building control; Sustainable development principles and practices; Accessibility issues; Tendering, contracting arrangements and contract management on small scale capital projects. You can contact Community Places by telephone: 028 9023 9444 Or Email: email@example.com They also have a series of factsheets available on their website http://www.communityplaces.info/energy-efficient-venues.html
- The application form can be downloaded from our website in PDF format. You will need to ensure that you are using the most recent version of Adobe Reader and save a copy of the form to your computer before you begin to type into it. A troubleshooting guide is also available on our website.
- Make sure you can meet the requirements for ownership/ leasing the venue and that you can provide evidence of this.
- If you are applying for a £15,000 – £50,000 grant you will also need to have carried out an energy audit.
- You will need to provide evidence of planning permission and/or building control approval if they are required.
- If you have already received a £2,000 – £10,000 grant from us and want to apply for a second grant, you must have successfully completed the work on your first grant, submitted your End of grant report and received confirmation that your first grant has been closed before re-applying.
- Don’t leave it to the last minute to get your form in!
- Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Remember that in addition to sending the form by email, you will need to post or hand deliver any supplementary information and the original signed copy of the application form).
- Applications can be posted to: Big Lottery Fund, 1 Cromac Quay, Cromac Wood, Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 2JD.
If you have any queries about the application form or process, you can contact Big Lottery Fund’s Outreach team in the Belfast office:
Telephone: 028 90551455
Textphone: 028 90551431
Fax: 028 90551445